The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in Room 504. In addition to reports from elected officials, information will be available on delegate slates to be endorsed in March for conventions for Congress, state senate and the 22nd and 24th State Representative districts to be held separately in May. The Town Committee will also meet in May to endorse for the 25th and 26th State Representative districts, Registrar of Voters and Justices of the Peace. Delegate selection information for the April 28th Presidential Primary will also be shared at this week’s meeting.
Town Committee slates from the city’s 15 voting districts petitioned in January to form the DTC for the 2020-2022 term that will begin after March 3rd at an organizational meeting.
Only one DTC district is contested and voters from District 11 will participate in the March 3rd Primary to elect three members. Robert Berriault is challenging a slate composed of Larry Hermanowski, John Tully and Lisa Wisniewski. The polling place at Holmes School will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2020 Political Calendar
- Town Committee Primary, March 3 (Holmes School, District 11 Only)
- Town Committee Organizational Meeting will follow the Primary
- Selection of Delegate slates to state and district (multi-town) conventions to be held between March 24-31.
- Presidential Preference Primary April 28
- Conventions for Congress and Multi-Town Legislative Districts between May 5-26
- Town Committee Endorsements (Single Town legislative districts) May 19-26
- Primary Day August 11
- General Election November 3