State Convention delegates from Berlin, New Britain and a portion of Farmington met April 23rd at New Britain’s Pulaski Democratic Club to re-elect Democratic State Central members and choose representatives to serve on state convention committees.
JoAnn Angelico-Stetson, a Berlin Town Councillor, and John McNamara, the former New Britain DTC Chair, won a second two-year term to the state central committee, the 72 member governing body of the Connecticut Democratic Party in which an equal number of men and women serve from the state’s 36 State Senate Districts. Angelico-Stetson and McNamara were first elected in 2016 succeeding former State Party Treasurer Emma Pierce and former Berlin Mayor Adam Salina.
Delegates were also elected to convention committee posts and positions for the May 18-19 nominating convention in Hartford, including:
- DTC Chair Bill Shortell, Platform Committee
- New Britain City Alderperson Katie Breslin, Credentials
- DTC Vice Chair Ron Davis, Permanent Organization
- DTC member Bobby Berriault, Rules and Resolutions
Arthur Powers of Berlin was selected an Honorary Vice President and DTC member and Atty. Adrian Baron, New Britain, Honorary Secretary.
The state convention will be endorsing candidates for Governor, US Senator and all the state constitutional offices. It will be held at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. New Britain sends 38 delegates to the state convention. The Town and City Clerk has posted a link to All New Britain Delegates for each convention.
Convention Month At A Glance
- 5th District U.S House of Representative Convention: May 14
- Multi-Town State House Conventions: May 16 (22nd and 24th State Assembly)
- Democratic State Convention May 18 and 19
- State Senate Convention: May 21 (6th Senatorial District)
- Judge of Probate (multi-town): May 28
- Local (Single-Town) Election Endorsements: May 22 – May 29 (includes 25th and 26th State Assembly Districts in New Britain)