The reception will benefit party building and voter participation activities this year as the city’s Democratic Town Committee will recognize two of its leaders and members for their distinguished service to the party and the New Britain community.
This year’s distinguished service awardees include Shirley Black, representing Ward 3 on the Common Council and the DTC Vice Chair, and Dr. Frank Gerratana, First District DTC, civic leader and campaign volunteer whose photography chronicles Democratic campaigns and community events.
DTC Distinguished Service Awards began 20 years ago when three legislators — State Senator Joseph H. Harper, Jr., State Reps. Gene Millerick and Raymond M.H. Joyce — were leaving office and were honored by the town committee. Through the years elected officials and rank and file Democrats who have distinguished themselves in politics and civic life have been recognized.
Join New Britain Democrats to recognize party stalwarts. Meet our legislative candidates and enjoy the cuisine of Cafe Beauregard (across the street from the courthouse near Franklin Square).
$25 Contribution | $100 Sponsor Donation
Reservations: 860-505-8901 | E-mail email@example.com
New Britain Democratic Calendar At A Glance
- June 4 – Town Committee recognition Reception
- June 26 – June Town Committee Meeting
- June 27 – Friday Night Bowling
- July 24 – July Town Committee Meeting
- August 12 – Primary Day (if necessary)
- August 17 – Red Sox vs. Astros at Fenway Park, Boston
- August 23- Town Committee Cookout
- August 28 – August Town Committee Meeting
- September 18 – September Town Committee Meeting
- October 23 – October Town Committee Meeting
- November 2 – Pre-Election Get Out The Vote event
- November 4 – Election Day (Governor, State Offices and US Congress)
- November 20 – November Town Committee Meeting
- December 18 – December Town Committee Meeting/Holiday Party
In being bullied by the gun industry into rejecting one of the most effective ways of limiting the proliferation of guns — universal background checks — members of Congress have become complicit in shootings by anyone who should not be allowed to own a gun because of a criminal or mental health record. It is not just the mass shootings like the one in California that the nation needs to focus on (victims in these horrific events make up less than 1 percent of all gun homicides), but also the more than 11,000 individual deaths from gun violence every year, most of which get no attention, or the more than 19,000 annual suicides by gun.
from The New York Times’ editorial, May 27th “As Congress Sleeps, More People Die”
Connect with New Britain Democrats
On the net: www.newbritaindemocrat.org
NOTICE – If you do not wish to receive updates from New Britain Democrats write “cancel” in the subject box and reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Labor donated. Any costs associated with this message paid for by New Britain Democratic Town Committee, Post Office Box 2112, New Britain CT 06050 John Valengavich, Treasurer. Approved by John McNamara